It is snowing on PEI this morning April 23, 2017, so I recorded CAWcreations Episode 3. This week along with knitting, I talk about:
- My First KAL (Knit Along) including my “I like your sweater” fan girl moment,
- Fleece & Harmony yarn,
- PEI Burger Love,
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,
- Jonah Days / Projects, and
- PEI Burger Love.
I had to start and end the video with clips of Molly, my dog, and I out in the snow on Sunday morning. It did warm up later so the snow did not last.
2:25 FOs (Finished Objects)
- Perfect socks
- Ian’s socks to go with his overalls using My Colour Wheelhouse in their walking after midnight colour. It is a merino/silk blend so soft and the colours are perfect. I used 2.0 mm (US 0) needles to knit the socks with 44 sts in a K2 P2 rib and a heel flap heel. After completion, I used 3D fabric paint to put his name on the sole so that he would not slide around on his floors.
- My Jonah Project:
- Unfortunately, Ian’s overalls do not fit. The pants are perfect but the top not so much. I am going to have to get back the project and convert them to pants. I think that will work well.
- In honour of my reread of Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery, I am calling this my “Jonah Project”. A “Jonah day” is a reference to the prophet Jonah from the Old Testament of the Bible and is used by Anne to describe a day where everything has gone wrong. Jonah, in incurring the wrath of God for not carrying out his mission, was thrown overboard at sea and swallowed by a whale.
4:22 WIPS (Works in Progress):
- Find Your Fade Shawl
- by Andrea Mowry of dreea renee knits.
- Shawl is Bay View Fiber Arts Yarn except for C. The colours are as follows:
- A: Cleopatra’s Wing (mini in first picture),
- B: Cleopatra in the Snow (white and teal skein in first picture),
C: Lisa Souza‘s 2016 Rhinebeck
- D: Pansy (top right picture)
- E: Rejoice
- F: Querencia (labeled in bottom picture), and
- G: Chocolates and Wine (labeled in bottom picture).
- To get gauge I used a 2.75mm (US2) Addi Turbo needle
- Ironheart sweater
- Knitters Mitts
7:55 Projects to Cast on:
14:17 Sweater KAL: I Like Your Sweater
- To qualify you must :
- Knit an adult sized sweater (must have sleeves and be made in an adult size other than that I am very fluid in my definition of a sweater)
- Finish it between April 20th, and October 20th, 2017
- Must be a member of the CAWcreations Ravelry group to be eligible for prizes (Prizes will be announced at a later date).
- Discussed my “I like your sweater.” fan girl moment with the Yarn Harlot.
16:04 CAWcreations Pattern: Gavin’s Blanket Progress
16:15 Books: Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
18:22 PEI Burger Love: PEI Brewing Company Red Eye Burger
Have a wonderful couple of weeks, and remember as Anne says:
"Every morn is a fresh beginning, Every morn is the world made new,"