Welcome back and introductions.
FOs (Finished Objects)
Connections Hats in worsted weight yarn from the ebook of patterns from the 2018 CAWcreations Knitting Calendar. This is a wonderful skullcap that fits nicely under a helmet for skating or skiing etc. I have modifications to make a messy bun hat or ponytail hat. It is completely reversible as the reversible cable technique is used.
I have made them in all the bits of stash yarn I have found while cleaning out my craft room, acrylic, 100% wool from Lismore Farm Wool Shop, and alpaca. I also added a Harris Leatherworks button to attach a pom pom with a loop.
Stash or Shelf KAL
- Winners for 2018
- Open KAL for 2019 will draw first group of winners in MAY. Be sure to enter before. You can double dip in any other KAL that you can. I took the idea from This Old Knit Podcast’s Stash or Shelf challenge so enter her KAL too.
WIPs (Works in Progress)
- Bunny Love by Susan B Anderson knit with Fleece and Harmony fingering yarn in grey (not sure which colous because I cannot find the ball band (bad podcaster). Using 2.25 mm (US 1) carbon tipped double pointed needles (dpns).
- Incantaton Socks by Kay Jones in stash sock yarn (no ball band). I am finding tons of cute yarn I forgot I had. Knit using 2.75 mm (US 2) ChiaoGoo bamboo needles 9″ circular needles.
- Beach Day Shawl with crescent shape on end (or ends depending if I have enough yarn. It is Lion Brand Shawl-in-a-ball Metallic in 307 Cleansing Quartz. I am using 4 mm (US 6) circular wooden needle by Indian Lake Artisans Hexagonal Needles.
Things I have purchased
- Sock blockers in three sizes made by my uncle Roger. Love them!!
- Voolenvine Yarns in Dirty on Purpose yarn on her Nouveau base. I’m so excited! It is the first time I was able to get some. Now I need to find a special project for it.
Circe by Madeline Miller is a story of the background of the witch from the Odyssey. I love stories of the greek gods but this one is so well written that it was a joy to read. I sped through it.
She is despised by her family no matter how hard she tries to please them. Eventually she discovers her powers by transforming a human into a god. This does not go as planned eventually resulting in her exile. There are other adventures and moments of self discovery but I will not spoil the whole story.
It is engaging and very well written. The characters are endearingly flawed and make mistakes. The plot moves along at an ok pace slowing a bit in places. Overall this fresh look at Circe is a great read!
What I’ve been up to
- Lots of thinking about and refining the focus of my patterns. This means slowing down a bit to make each pattern really user-friendly. I want to help new knitters make fun things without being frustrated with the patterns. Thus, I really need to explain everything clearly. I worked with Ash of From Field to Skin on taking photographs last year. She talked about branding and I realized that I needed to think through this and focus more time on the CAWcreations brand. This means monthly podcasts, but also overall much better everything (patterns, podcasts, production).
- Our 25th Anniversary vacation to Puerto Plata Village in the DR. Sun and rum fun for both of us. I needed the relaxation and sun.
- My new diet for helping my healthy lifestyle focus. Finally, have started feeling better. I also saw an Osteopath who fix my hip and made movement so much easier.
Happy knitting and reading!!