Happy Thanksgiving to all my canadian friends and family.
We went to Knit East 2019 hosted by Cricket Cove in St. Andrew’s NB. It was so much fun. I posted about it earlier but I did do a bit of a recap here. Highlights we’re:
- Got a special package of yarn from RavensWood Fiber Co.
- Spent a relaxing weekend with Mom and all knitting friends
- Had a couple of patterns in the Saturday Night Fashion show
- Cable Me This Fingerless Mitts
- Simple Santa Hat
- Got my Saltwater Mittens book signed
- Took the Grok the Sock class from The Yarn Harlot
FOs (Finished Objects)
- Cable Me This Fingerless Mitts knit using Fleece and Harmony’s yarn. The pair with stocking stitch hands was in The Catch. The ones with a rib all down the hand were in pansy and strawberry fields.
- Socks in Fleece and Harmony’s Point Prim Sock yarn. I love this yarn it is all natural made with canadian wool 80% and canadian mohair 20% in the Seagull color. I used the faux cable from the pattern above. I even did it all the way down the heel flap. I love it.
- Simple Santa Hat modeled by my dog Molly was in Fleece and Harmony’s Signature yarn in the main color rhubarb, and the contrast color of neutral.
- Mini sock from the Grok the Sock Class (see picture at end of show).
PhDs (Projects Half Done)
- Baby hats using the faux cable pattern from the fingerless mitts pattern.
- Sock using same pattern in sparkling opal yarn.
- Vanilla socks in Opal Ice Cream (shades of grey).
Listened to the audio book At Knits End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl MacPhee (the Yarn Harlot). I needed to listen to her voice some more after my class. I had already read the book but it was so great to listen to her read her own book. I needed the funny bubbly voice this weekend. It was great.