July 7, 2018 CAWcreations Episode 22 – Binsey Finished!!
CAWcreations provides a brief overview of knitting I am doing and the books I am reading (This week I just finished a reread of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien but forgot to mention it in the video). I live in Cornwall, Prince Edward Island Canada with my family and my dog Molly. Hope you enjoy my ramblings.
You can find Cheryl Ann on Ravelry & Instagram as Cherylcan or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check out the CAWcreations group on Ravelry where I host the KALs and chatter about all things knitting.
FO (Finished Object)
I drew two prizes from the Stash or Shelf KAL participants.
- Mermaid’s Tail mini in providence sock yarn by Bayview Fiber Arts, and one of her progress keepers. I also added a Knitty Little Secret lip balm – mint chocolate.
- The Knitting Bag PEI reversible bag in PEI Tartan and Canada Tartan. Mermaid’s Tail mini in providence sock yarn by Bayview Fiber Arts, and one of her progress keepers.
WIPs (Works in Progress)
- Traveling Socks by Samantha Myhre made using RavensWood Fibre Co. sock blank. You can see from the lighthouse progress keeper I have made some progress since I last showed you this.
- Vicky’s Afghan or the Quick-Knit Throw by Lion Brand Yarn. I tell her I bought the yarn for her high school graduation and she will get the blanket when she finishes university. This is a ploy to get her to stop asking when it will be done. She wanted the Sweet Roll Yarn but it was not thick enough. I have doubled up the yarn (i.e. two cakes of yarn together. It works well except when the color changes are not the same). The colours are so pretty. I am glad she likes it. You can see from the progress keeper I have knit about 20 rows since I last showed this blanket.
- Gavin’s Blanket by Cheryl Ann at CAWcreations. The pattern will come out in the 2018 CAWcreations Knitting Calendar eBook of patterns in October. Not a ton of progress since I last showed it.My new enamel pins are now available through Fleece and Harmony or from my Etsy shop.
Happy knitting & reading.