Find me as Cherylcan on Instagram and Ravelry (Join my CAWcreations Group)
Check out Fleece and Harmony (www.fleeceandharmony.com) because they have amazing yarn and wonderful knit wear designers. One of them is me the other is Simone of Sand and Sky Creations.
Episode 15 of my CAWcreations Podcast on Dec 31, 2017
- Simple Santa Hat in Fleece and Harmony Signature worsted weight yarn in Lighthouse and Natural colourways. Gauge was 4 sets and 5 rows per inch of stocking stitch. Since I use smaller needle sizes than most people, telling everyone the size I used confuses them from now on I will try to remember to use gauge.
- Reversible Cable Hat in Fleece and Harmony Signature fingering weight yarn in Oyster and The Catch Colourways. Gauge was 6 sets and 6 rows per 2.5 cm (or one inch). Inspired by Fiona Alice teaching me reversible cables at Knit East three years ago.
- Box of Sock (FO fail only 6 pair of finished socks)
Show CAWcreations 2018 Mini Desktop Calendar
Reminder that the ebook of patterns 01 Basic Worsted Socks will be published tomorrow on January 1, 2018 and delivered directly to people who have purchased the ebook.
Announced winner of BABY KAL
- Seb’s Ski Socks Seb’s Ski Socks in MyColourWheelhouse yarn. Knitting two at a time. Taking longer than they should. Plan to focus on these to get them finished this month.
- Erin’s Socks These are in cashmere. My first pair of socks in this fiber. I like them but am worried they are a bit big. We shall see.
- Cheryl’s Socks Basic Vanilla sock fingering weight. Used a Christmas gift card.
- Helix Sock Homage to the Stashbusting Helix Hat. Used the same technique to make socks in Fleece and Harmony Signature worsted weight yarn in Mayflower, Lupine, and Take the Ferry. Showed my error. Note: do not twist the yarn.
- Grey Sparkle Hat for Peggy in my drawstring Christmas bag by TheKnittingBagPEI on Etsy. Used Fleece and Harmony Oyster in fingering weight held with sparkle thread. Making a lovely fabric now that I have figured out the technique. Now I just need the patience to finish this slow project.
- Gavin’s Blanket Full size cotton throw in my XL knitting bag by TheKnittingBagPEI on Easy. Used Knit Picks Dishie yarn in clementine. Showed my Design Feature (mistake) I am NOT ripping back.
- Knitters Mitts by H Wulfraat Designs in Alpaca yarn UK.
PomPom subscription to Magazine. Love it! Want to make a sweater and a hat from it.
2017 Knitting Review
Box of Socks for me Fail only made 6 pair for me
20 Hats (2017 year of the hat)
Socks 8 adult pair, 2 kid pair, and 3 baby pair
2 pair of kids mitts
Other little projects
5 Patterns for Fleece and Harmony
1 ebook of 10 patterns from the CAWcreations 2018 Knitting Calendar
Read 60 books this year. This is a bit less than most years but considering
Review “The Book of Names” by Jill Gregory and Karen Tintori
Blather… sick over holidays but feeling better now.
Slow TV… drive with me from Charlottetown to Fleece and Harmony in Belfast, PEI
One Reply to “2017 Dec 31 CAWcreations Episode 15”