Cherylcan on Instagram and Ravelry, and
CAWcreations for published patterns.
FO (Finished Object starts at 1:15 of video)
WIPs (Works In Progress starts at 2:18 of video)
- Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry of dreea renee knits. I used Bay View Fiber Arts Yarn and Lisa Souza‘s 2017 Rhinebeck colour.
- Vanilla socks for Tim (my husband) made with Trekking XXL yarn .
- Amazing sock blockers by Swartzcraft on Etsy. Lynne and Rob are so professional and quick. Note that my Logo looks so great on the blockers! I got to see it and choose the one I liked before they actually put the logo on my sock blockers.
- Yarn Hoarder Podcast where I got the idea for using tiny needles on the socks.
Atlantic Canadian Yarn Company – Turtlepurl (starts at 10:44 of video)
- Amazing colours of self-striping yarns. Colours are hand painted.
- Comes in two skeins for those of you who do two at a time socks. It makes a perfectly matched pair.
- The wool comes in a hank of 4 ply 75% superwash merino 25% nylon sock yarn. It knits up quite soft but is durable for everyday wear.
- I love this yarn and have multiple colours in my stash at all times.
CAWcreations Pattern – Gavin’s Blanket (starts at 14:44 of video)
- Baby blanket is linked above. The full size I need to correct a bit.
- Made with Knit Picks Dishie yarn. It is a great durable cotton.
Books I have read (starts at 17:36 of video)
- 2084 by Boualem Sansal
- Opens with the main character in a sanatorium up in the mountains. Even in this secluded spot the reader becomes aware of how grim the world is.
- I do not want to give too much of the plot away, but with all the hype from the French edition of the book, I expected much more. I was disappointed and found that 2084 did not add as much to the genre of distopian novels as I expected it would. I really wanted to love this book.
- Next podcast I will be looking at Quantum Night by Robert Sawyer. One of my favourite authors. I am really excited about this book.
Blather (starts at 19:20 of video)